Paint the Views of Italy
Painting Workshop & Art Retreat
All-Inclusive July 12-19, 2019
Come paint among the olive groves. Immersed in the beauty of Italy. Capture the views of the sea and hills of Tuscany.
Let your true creative essence emerge in this exclusive Italy painting workshop & art retreat. Hone your painting skills with internationally recognized artist, Jill Nichols. Accustomed to teaching students at all levels, Jill has a way of instilling confidence and encouraging students to take risks with remarkable outcomes.
This painting workshop will be individually customized for each attendee’s full benefit and enjoyment. Jill’s demos and talks will review basics, often overlooked aspects and her own insights into what goes into a successful painting.
Paint from the ease and comfort of a grand 14th century stone atelier or find the perfect spot to paint en plein air on the expansive villa grounds. Paint in the north light of a 14th century cellar, reminiscent of an Old Master’s workshop.
An all inclusive Italy painting holiday. Relax in your private villa retreat for 7 days.
This retreat is a wonderful opportunity to meet and make new friends. We will introduce the workshop attendees to each other previous to travel.
The studio is only a short walk across the courtyard from the main house. The grounds and views are extensive. There are some photos on the registration page to give you an idea of where you will spend 7 spectacular days.
Savor the sumptuous local cuisine prepared fresh from the garden and countryside for you daily. Discuss painting and art with new friends under the stars. Unwind in one of the several comfortable living spaces in the spacious villa. All centralized at your private villa.
Paint the colors and light
of the Italian landscape
from the ease of your open-window
studio or set out
to paint en plein air.
Venture out and explore the Renaissance Art and Region –Make the most of your painting vacation and go off exploring the Renaissance Art and other interests in the region. The villa is at the outskirts of the medieval village of Farnese which has many intriguing points of interest and restaurants. Visit the wineries or for a little pampering head to one of the many natural hot springs.
Bring Home a Taste of Italy – The Art Retreat is set in the Borgio Il Ducato, at the intersection of the fertile ground of Lazio and Tuscany, abundant with olive groves. Bring home some olive oil freshly pressed from the villas’s trees, compliments of the owner. Along with all of your paintings you will have exceptional memories of your exemplary adventure.
We will facilitate all attendees arrival and departure between the Villa and the Fiumicino Airport, Rome. Options include car rental, private-ride and carpooling. All the details will be worked out with all attendees prior to travel.
Jill will share her journey with ‘Phi’. Her artwork will be installed in the Vatican Observatory Museum at Castel Gondolfo, Vatican City.
Join us for this inspiring painting workshop, $500 deposit will hold your spot
Dates: July 12- July 19, 2019
Italy Painting Workshop is Limited to 8 Students
All Inclusive Cost Includes
7 nights accommodation,
5 days instruction,
5 days fresh local cuisine
*$2,250 per person
$1,500 non-painting person
*Costs are based on US Dollar and double occupancy. Does not include the cost of airfare and transportation.
A complete list of suggested materials will be provided upon registration
- Easels are provided. Bring a portable easel to paint en plein air
- Canvas will be provided
- Renaissance formula non-toxic lavender oil painting mediums and brush cleaners will be provided courtesy of Chelsea Classical Studio –no worries- these are safer, better for the environment and easier to travel with – just right among the olive groves
- Oil paints are preferred, other mediums are encouraged, including watercolors and pastels. A variety of White and Portland Grey oil paints will be at your disposal for experimenting with subtle temperature/value shifts, courtesy of Gamblin Hand Crafted Oil Paints.
Daily Schedule, more details will be provided upon registration
- Paint the sunrise (optional) -this will be a quiet time of painting without instruction
- Breakfast, in the Italian style of sweet and savory
- A moment of quiet reflection and meditation to ease the mind and begin to focus
- Morning immersed in painting the landscape
- Option to paint a Still Life in the North light
- Lunch served
- Rest, relaxation and revitalization
- Capture the Italian landscape bathed in the late afternoon light
- Savor a sumptuous dinner, abundant with the region’s fresh flavors
There will be plenty of restorative time. Please Contact Jill for a detailed itinerary.
you will be sure to bring home amazing memories and paintings!